RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > When is a specification not a specifiaction?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Steuart64

Scotland 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 Autobiography Orkney Grey
When is a specification not a specifiaction?

When LR cant fix it!! Evil or Very Mad

I bought a 3 month old AB from Town & County (T&C) in Aberdeen in December 2011. The Park Heater/Remote Climate Control would not work in manual mode as in my previous thread - http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic27018.html?highlight=

The car has been in and out on many occasions to fix this with Land Rover giving quite poor support to T&C who have pulled out all the stops to help. LR have suggested changing various parts and modules on each occasion but refused to supply a definitive set of operating instructions. The manual just states it can be operated manually on the sat nav screen. Well it cant and they dont want to help. Evil or Very Mad

This week saw the biscuit being well and truly taken! LR advised T&C to close the job ticket and advise the the customer that as per the manual LR "reserves the right to change specification without notice".

This situation amazes me as I am a MY11 and LR asked T&C to use MY12s to check if they were the same as mine - they were! I suspect this heater may also be an option in the Disco4s?

So, long and short of it? If you cant fix it, change the manual/brochure!!!

OK a £72k car and only the heater not working; but its that lack of attention to detail that kills reputations. The AB is supposed to be the flagship of the RR Sport fleet!! How it can be that no one at LR knows how this heater operates beggars belief!! And then to treat a customer like this?

If I had bought this new it would now be returned as the number of times its been in to repair this fault is unacceptable.

T&C have been absolutelty excellent trying to help but LR Customer service is utter SH Censored TE

Maybe time to bite the bullet and change marques Big Cry Now - MY11 RRS Autobiography TDV6, Orkney gray, tints, steps, daylight running lamps and allllll the toys!!!
Ex- RRS HSE TDV6 07 Java Black, bi xenon, corner lights, side steps, tints, cool box, smoke side repeats, chrome "sport" boot sill
Ex - Audi A4 Cab 3.0TDi Quattro
Ex - Freelander2 SE TD4
Ex - CRV Auto

Post #345706 Sun Jun 03 2012 2:56pm
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

Terrible Customer Service again from LR - I would pursue this through credit company if you have one and consumer direct Evil or Very Mad

I have the knocking suspension and conti tyre wear but LR say it is normal Sad

Like you considering leaving the brand after 12 happy years - just bought a mini to replace my FL but I want to buy British so in a difficult position Embarassed Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #345708 Sun Jun 03 2012 3:04pm
x5pea

Scotland 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

muddywheels wrote:

I want to buy British so in a difficult position Embarassed

see thats your problem, we can't build cars for Censored

Post #345727 Sun Jun 03 2012 6:02pm
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

I have been very happy with all my previous LR's but my RRS and dealer service in recent years is my problem now Sad Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #345728 Sun Jun 03 2012 6:06pm
mse

United Kingdom 

If i understand you the thing isnt working from the screen and LR are saying it shouldnt Shocked ? then just video it from someone elses and send it in would be my answer.

Im almost sure it should work from the screen and im almost sure its clear in the manual. Mike

2014 Facelift Discovery

Post #345928 Tue Jun 05 2012 6:43pm
Steuart64

Hi MSE
The thing is the manual is clear - it should work manually from the screen, but it only works sometimes and then only for 5 minutes and then shuts down.

The local dealer (Town & County) have done everything asked of them by LR technical and the fault is replicated in all their stock cars.

I think it is a software/firmware/ electrical power management issue but LR wont explore it further so its now a "specification change". Now - MY11 RRS Autobiography TDV6, Orkney gray, tints, steps, daylight running lamps and allllll the toys!!!
Ex- RRS HSE TDV6 07 Java Black, bi xenon, corner lights, side steps, tints, cool box, smoke side repeats, chrome "sport" boot sill
Ex - Freelander2 SE TD4
Ex - CRV Auto

Post #345929 Tue Jun 05 2012 6:56pm
mse

United Kingdom 

Steuart64 wrote:
Hi MSE
The thing is the manual is clear - it should work manually from the screen, but it only works sometimes and then only for 5 minutes and then shuts down.

The local dealer (Town & County) have done everything asked of them by LR technical and the fault is replicated in all their stock cars.

I think it is a software/firmware/ electrical power management issue but LR wont explore it further so its now a "specification change".

Thats why i said video it working in someone elses car and then yours (it not working).

As mentioned, im sure its clear in the manual how it works - and whilst i havent got it...i did have one with it and it worked from the screen just fine.

There is an auto cut off feature for a number of different reasons though, isnt there like - battery level, temperature, fuel etc...i wonder if these have been overlooked and/or if there is a simple wiring/electrical fault from one of these readings but because its hard to track, or they havent through outside of the box, they are missing it....maybe worth some investigating.

But either way it should work. Mike

2014 Facelift Discovery

Post #345931 Tue Jun 05 2012 7:25pm
Steuart64

Hi Mike

thats really the issue - none of the cars T&C have fitted with it work correctly either so I cant video a working one Confused Now - MY11 RRS Autobiography TDV6, Orkney gray, tints, steps, daylight running lamps and allllll the toys!!!
Ex - Freelander2 SE TD4
Ex - CRV Auto

Post #345940 Tue Jun 05 2012 8:16pm
mse

United Kingdom 

Well thats where its probably getting complicated...i dont have it on this one so i cant video it, sorry...but my only exposure with it saw it working as stated...maybe someone else with it on here can help you out Mike

2014 Facelift Discovery

Post #345968 Tue Jun 05 2012 10:12pm
Steuart64

Mike, what MY did you have the heater in? It will helpd the dealers as they can look at the tech spec in their records.

Im going to join the Disco sites and see if anyone there has had the same issue. Now - MY11 RRS Autobiography TDV6, Orkney gray, tints, steps, daylight running lamps and allllll the toys!!!
Ex - Freelander2 SE TD4
Ex - CRV Auto

Post #346072 Thu Jun 07 2012 8:51am
mse

United Kingdom 

It was a 10 - but i doubt they can find on the system it because it was a Land Rover car.

Ill look up its reg Mike

2014 Facelift Discovery

Post #346080 Thu Jun 07 2012 9:53am
Steuart64

Thanks Mike

Ive had a chat with the dealer and he will look for the same year RRS and grab its manual and if it has the system test it.

Many thanks Sir

Regards

Steuart Now - MY11 RRS Autobiography TDV6, Orkney gray, tints, steps, daylight running lamps and allllll the toys!!!
Ex - Freelander2 SE TD4
Ex - CRV Auto

Post #346082 Thu Jun 07 2012 10:06am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1