RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Decoding the service history on the OSH?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

4535jacks

United Kingdom 
Decoding the service history on the OSH?

I am in the process of buying a L494 MY21 HSE with the D300 engine.

I am really struggling to understand its service history and whether it is due a service now? Do you only go off the service interval indicator in the car or do the specified intervals still apply?

Please see attached photo of the service history. The car now has 35000 miles.

Does the 21000mile service always include an oil and oil filter change as it has not been listed the 'other related items' section (neither has brake floud change). This suggests it didn't get its first oil change till 35 months and 28k miles which given it was back at JLR as an approved used at around 22 months seems unlikely. Surely.they would change the oil so close to the service interval.

If it was done as it was sold to a new owner, why do another a year and 16k miles later?. Is this simply another 21k service but they can't register the same type of service twice?

Also, on the OSH main page it has a warning saying that it is over due a service by 72 days. Given it is 18 months since the last service, surely this is incorrect. It also gives a warning that the 48k mile service has not been done despite the car being 3.5 years old with 35k miles on the clock.

If it recieved a 21k service at 12k miles and an oil and filter change at 28k is the next service due at 33k or 49k??

Finally, on the Service Information section, there are two checksheets listed. One is titled inspection as shown in the attached photo. I have noticed that if I click on the inspection checklist and select 21,000/48m checks then the oil change is not listed as an item. Could this have been used instead of the normal checksheet for the 21,000mile service meaning no oil change?

Thanks in advance,

Jacks

Post #641173 Sun Apr 14 2024 1:40am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1