RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Wheels & Tyres > No spare
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

glendmc

Jamaica 
No spare

Hey all, after searching the entire web to find the spare tyre location in my 2015 rrs autobiography, i saw on a news cast that maybe my vehicle did not come with a spare. I checked the boot area and saw a inflated tyre kit, what in the wide world of sport is going on, can someone tell me is it so?

Post #640584 Thu Mar 21 2024 6:24pm
Lindab

United Kingdom 

The spare was an option. If I remember correctly, I specified a full size spare & was charged for it.
Spacesaver spare was also an option Range Rover Sport: Mercedes S63 AMG Coupe: 992 Porsche Carrera 4S

Post #640586 Thu Mar 21 2024 7:42pm
glendmc

Jamaica 

Thank you for your quick reply, i appreciate it.

Post #640592 Thu Mar 21 2024 9:46pm
SpiderPig

United Kingdom 

Cars don't often come with spares these days - the majority of drivers don't know how to change a wheel or don't feel they can do it safely and would prefer it done by a professional.

All of the punctures I've ever had have been slow punctures, so I've been able to keep it inflated and go to a fitter to fix/replace. 2021 P400e Autobiography

Post #640603 Fri Mar 22 2024 11:05am
Lindab

United Kingdom 

Try not to use that gunge they supply with the inflator as when you get to the tyre place they will not clean it out & will get you to buy a new tyre. Better trying to blow it up if possible then take it to a tyre shop.
Buy a second hand spacesaver wheel & tyre, but you will also need to buy a jack as it would not be supplied with the inflator
Alternative is something like this, lots on ebay, different prices, then you can get your tyre fixed properly later.
13Pcs Emergency car Heavy Duty Tire Puncture Repair Tyre Mending Kit UK Range Rover Sport: Mercedes S63 AMG Coupe: 992 Porsche Carrera 4S

Post #640605 Fri Mar 22 2024 11:34am
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

I know why they don't supply a spare with the RRS - cost (=profit for JLR), and weight(=better emissions results), but for a company whose USP is the go anywhere capability of their vehicles, the lack of spare puts paid to their USP lie - you can't go anywhere you like with the vehicle because you're at very real risk of getting stranded without a spare.

Bonkers that a highly capable SUV doesn't have a spare. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #640607 Fri Mar 22 2024 12:36pm
glendmc

Jamaica 

all of you make sense in your knowledge, how comes JLR don't see what you see what makes sense.
Thanks again all

Post #640617 Fri Mar 22 2024 5:31pm
Grimble

United Kingdom 

Had a puncture recently (my fault, clipped a sharp kerb). Made it to a local supermarket carpark where I had a flat surface and space to change the wheel.
Was very grateful that I had a spare in the boot as there's no way the gunk would have sealed the damage.
A full size wheel is seriously heavy lifting it out of the recess but the shame of calling the AA out for a basic puncture gave me a bit of added strength. RRS HSE Dynamic SDV6 2014

Nemo mortalium omnibus horus sapit

Post #640665 Mon Mar 25 2024 10:50am
RRSTDV8

The sheer size and weight of the big wheels now so popular (inexplicably so, in my opinion) means that many simply physically won't be able to change one on the side of the road. There's even a winch/strap system for lifting the spare out of the boot floor space on some models these days. Silly, really. Even the space saver options are handful to manhandle. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders

Post #640667 Mon Mar 25 2024 11:42am
glendmc

Jamaica 

one would think, for the amount of money we pay for these vehicles, at least throw in a spare, let the owner decide to leave it in or take it out, instead of charging us for that option include it in the price and let us have that option

Post #640675 Mon Mar 25 2024 3:47pm
RRSTDV8

Taking this further, the new RRS SV has different width tyres front and rear - a first for a RR, apparently.

This means that at best a space saver can be spec'd at, it seems, a reasonable £185, although I agree that a spare should be provided anyway as part of the cost of the vehicle. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders

Post #640718 Tue Mar 26 2024 5:05pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1