RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > My Range Rover Sport > Sasha’s Pre Production Range Rover Sport L320
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123

MHSPORT08

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

Not too bad really Smile

Its good they picked up the centre bearing as I've had them go before on other vehicles without warning and it can basically strand you.

My MOT is due in April and on a spares or repair RRS bought in Nov I wonder what will come up Shocked

Post #640191 Wed Mar 06 2024 10:04am
SashaGrace

Wales 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Giverney Green

Fuel tank cradle and prop centre bearing? Completed it mate. I’m so glad the tank didn’t fall out with £130 worth of diesel in it on the Motorway bringing it home 😆 Centre bearing WAS NOT worth it, such a faff of a job, if you are needing to do this, get a whole prop 😅. MoT retest on Wednesday and it’s golden for 12 months 🙌

Post #640290 Sat Mar 09 2024 10:52pm
Lrstaylor

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Bali Blue

Nice 1 Thumbs Up

Post #640304 Sun Mar 10 2024 5:46pm
SashaGrace

Thanks, it has its access height attitude on today ready to go! Also, not me being totally oblivious to the missing front towing eye cover and only just noticing and discovering how expensive it is!!! It’s payday on Friday so to celebrate its MoT pass it can look good from at least one angle with a fresh pair of foglight bezels, a towing eye cover and a fresh set of letters so everyone it clear that it’s a Range Rover.

Post #640305 Sun Mar 10 2024 6:00pm
SashaGrace

Latest parts haul; quite confident the RRS hasn’t seen any new genuine service parts for some time. Call me old fashioned but I always use OE filters on the cars, WZU will be no exception.

The bonnet safety catch was also missing, oddly. I could spend £29 on one from eBay that looked like it had been sat at the bottom of a river for month or I could spend £27.55 on a brand new one from JLR Classic Parts delivered to the door. Easy decision.

V888 is due back in a couple of weeks as they’ve had it that long now so hopefully the final bit of proof will arrive shortly and the elusive first registration document will show its company history.

Tow eye arrived and fitted too! Front end is slowly becoming more complete. More soon.

Post #640669 Mon Mar 25 2024 12:52pm
SashaGrace

Long time no update, but I have been busy.

The V888 came back and it confirmed what I already knew, it is a Land Rover registered car but it was interestingly registered to Fleet Admin, not Engineering, so more questions than answers really.

After that I dug into the non working front speakers. I had bad alignment on one door card so I removed all of them and swapped the front speakers to the rear, no joy. I noticed more handwritten notes on the back of the panels.

I also ordered a new bonnet script and fog light bezels ready for its first show with the CVC Register today.

Unfortunately my little one was too ill to come so I couldn’t justify leaving her at home to miss out on her first LR show and I couldn’t take one child without the other so I’ll try again in 2 weeks at the Gaydon LR Fest but here it is for now, way nicer than when I picked it up

Post #641338 Sat Apr 20 2024 10:19pm
Stevepd

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Cairns Blue

It does look good and the devil is in the detail. It's funny how these things make a big difference. 2006 2.7 TDV6 HSE in Cairns Blue.

Post #641342 Sun Apr 21 2024 6:08am
SashaGrace

As my little friend is showing signs of recovery I decided to get out and complete some of the engine bay prep post the service. I used 5w40 ACEA B3/B4 oil in it as the famous 2.7 low oil pressure and slight death rattle on start up were present with the 5w30. It never has a lingering oil pressure light now and it is the recommended oil by PSA for the 2.7 Lion in their cars from new so I feel good. I know some will say ‘stick to the 5w30 only, it’s what LR say etc etc’ and that’s fine if it works for you, but the 5w40 makes more sense for me. It’ll be on a 3000 mile interval now and it’s a 19 year old 139k mile engine, not new anymore.

Also feel good about how clean it’s getting. To think I dragged this poor car away from its old home as a tip car, never having been washed or serviced in over a year at least.

Looking forward to getting it to its best by Gaydon. Or as well as it can be in 2 weeks!

Click image to enlarge

Post #641367 Sun Apr 21 2024 10:47pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123