RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > In Car Electronics > Stolen recovered RRS cabling
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Gonze

Stolen recovered RRS cabling

Hi All, I have been reading the forum for just over a year now since purchasing my 2019 RRS. Sadly a couple of months ago my car was stolen whilst I was at work. The insurance/police have now returned my car but I need to reinstate the tampered with cabling for the telematics.

Three antenna cables where unplugged from the telematics main module with the plugs damaged, I THINK I have found the correct replacements online and just waiting for delivery.

There are two thin black cables that have been cut tight to the main multi cable block. The two cables have just been left laying loose, so I now need to try trace where these go to and reconnect into the multi plug. I’m struggling to find a wiring diagram for the 2019 model.

Lastly and this is where I’m really struggling. There are two antenna style cables that are in the main loom and each has three smaller cables joined to it with heat shrink connected to the multi cable plug. But the way this has been done I carnt work out if this is original or if another module has been removed and the 6x small cables and two antennas cables have been altered by the thieves.

The central locking works, car starts just the dashboard says SOS limited. It’s irritating enough the car being stolen but they have to damage the plugs when they could simply unplug them. Car was returned with two new keys yet stolen with none.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a wiring diagram or advise on the cable joins. I can post a photo if needed.

Many thanks

Post #628181 Sat Nov 12 2022 9:30pm
jimbg

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Can I ask why you are sorting it and not the insurance company? Shocked 2023 P440e SE Dynamic on order -cancelled

2022 HSE Dynamic P400e

2017 Discovery 3.0 HSE Silicon Silver Nimbus interior and a few extra toys SOLD

2013 HSE Black, Orkney Grey, Ebony Seats and Ivory Interior SOLD

2006 HSE

Plus a few other cars inbetween!

Post #628183 Sat Nov 12 2022 11:04pm
Gonze

When stolen the car acquired substantial damage down one side along with the wiring alterations. The insurance company paid out and some weeks later the car was found in a car park 150miles away. As I knew the car mechanically was sound prior to the theft with full RR service history I requested to buy the vehicle back from the insurers. Also I would only be looking to buy a similar car again as I enjoy the driving

The bodywork side of this I have a local body shop lined up to do the work. But assumed the electrical connections would of just been unplugged with some kind of gismo installed to make the car work, I hadn’t realised the method those people use.

Does anyone know a website the wiring manuals are available on?

Post #628206 Sun Nov 13 2022 7:32am
Gonze

Hi does anyone have a copy of the 2019-2021 l494 information and entertainment system pdf from Cardigan online manuals as it won’t allow me to download.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Post #628236 Mon Nov 14 2022 2:07pm
Ragerover

United Kingdom 

Did you manage to get this sorted ?

Post #634277 Sat Jul 15 2023 7:48pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1