RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Would you Recommend Still ???
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Reidy4862

2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 Zermatt Silver
Would you Recommend Still ???

Hi Guys.

I am New to the Forum and I would really grateful for your help and advise.

I am interested in purchasing a RRS but I am on a tight Budget, been looking at a few which are on a 56 Plate a have 93k on the Clock, Would you still recommend it with that amount of mileage and what so I need to look out for?

Please help

Thankyou

Post #334572 Wed Feb 29 2012 11:01pm
Nik

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey
Re: Would you Recommend Still ???

If you're on a tight budget I would say no.
Buying it is the easy part, running it is not so easy, on the wallet anyway.
For example mine costs me over 1300 quid a year before Ive even driven it. 900 quid to extend the warranty and 460 to tax it.
I believe older models can still be taxed for 260 ish so this is worth checking.
Suspension faults are very common, twice in a year in my case.
Around the 100k mark there's a big service which you'd be wise to factor into the purchase price.
As mine has only covered 25k I can't really comment on high milers but let me say It's the first car I've ever owned that's let me down, several times hence the warranty.
When it's running well it's a fantastic feel good car though.

Nik. 2015 Golf R DSG
Gone 2013 Mercedes C220 CDi AMG Sport Plus
Gone 2008 2.7 RRS HSE

Post #334581 Thu Mar 01 2012 8:53am
rrsboy

2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Santorini Black

+1 Nik. If budget/money is tight forget it - you won't enjoy it nearly as much as you should for fear that something is about to go wrong and cost you £2k.

Let alone the significant running costs (which may be in your tight budget already?)

Thumbs Up ============
2010 TDV8 HSE - ooo laa laaaaaaaaa
2007 TDV8 HSE - superb car and very reliable
============
2012 - dearly departed, sadly missed.. to return in late 2013 with a new TDV8!

Post #334582 Thu Mar 01 2012 9:17am
Ady 555
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

+2 You can't run these motors on a shoe string Sad As said above, it will spoil the enjoyment of running it if you are already counting your pennies. Big Cry

Post #334598 Thu Mar 01 2012 10:27am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
JoeRRS

United Kingdom 

My sport is sitting around the 82/83k mark and it runs perfect had only a couple of problems with it. Warrenty is a must though just incase anything does go bang at least you are coverd. As the others have said though there not cheap to run at all if your worrying about that all ready you wont enjoy your motor as they should be enjoyed. I am sure there are a few high milers out there that have been looked after very well though.

Post #334613 Thu Mar 01 2012 10:58am
Beancounter_74

England 

+3 these are not the sort of cars you can run on a tight budget.
I've only recently got into RRS ownership and was lucky enough to buy new, but I'm fully aware that if I turn this into a long term car, the bills will no doubt be hefty at some point down the line.

They are not famed for their reliability and although it is improving, you do not want to be driving dreading what bill may be around the next corner.

Running costs are not cheap, be they fuel, RFL and general servicing. A warranty will help soften the blow, but from reading on here, you're looking at a minimum of £750 pounds for a worthwhile one. ON THE WAY: BMW F21 M140i
MERCEDES GL350 - Metallic Navy Blue w/Grey interior

GOING: BMW F31 335D MSport+ xDrive Touring
GONE: Land Rover Discovery 4 HSE - Stornaway Grey w/Black Interior (wish we'd kept it Banging Head )
GONE: BMW F10 520D MSport - Carbon Black
GONE:MY12 RRS SDV6 HSE Sumatra/Ivory/Grand Black Privacy glass

Post #334615 Thu Mar 01 2012 11:01am
AndyKay

England 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

getting a pre-March 06 one would help with road tax costs (slightly) Laughing

also as someone already mentioned, getting an extended warranty helps RRS HSE TDV6 Autobiography

Post #334634 Thu Mar 01 2012 11:50am
Reidy4862

2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 Zermatt Silver

Thanks for you reply and advise

When I say I am on a tight budget I was only meaning the cost of the motor. I was wondering if a RRS with 95k would be very realiable but I think you have answered the question that these can becom quite troublesome, think I'll look at some newer, less mileage models with some sort of warranty.

Btw I'm looking at the 2.7 diesel models

Post #334644 Thu Mar 01 2012 12:48pm
AndyKay

England 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

I know I can't really help much as I've only just become an owner, but I picked mine up on Saturday with 94k miles on it. It's an 05 TDV6, but it did come with a few months left of an extended warranty.
The high mileage certainly didn't put me off. You could get a high mileage car with no issues, and then you can get low mileage ones plagued with problems. Swings and roundabouts...

Check its service history, and if in doubt, I know someone on here had a prospective car checked out by a local independent garage. Approx £50 for an hours work checking over stuff if I remember correctly. Also helps when negotiating price RRS HSE TDV6 Autobiography

Post #334645 Thu Mar 01 2012 12:59pm
oxford-boy

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Arctic Frost

Hello,

Firstly, if you're budget's tight then I'd agree with the previous posts you'd be better off elsewhere but that's for you to manage and know.

What I would say is that I have an 05 TDV6 HSE with 94K on it and I love it.

Warranty Direct (who seem well rated on this and the Land Rover forum) will do a years warranty, wear AND tear for just shy of £600 if you push them and you can get that down to an average of £550 if you do a three year deal.

See what I mean about budget?....You need one.

Like most cars there are duds out there BUT Land Rover do seem to make more than their fair share and I'd be looking to get any vehicle well checked out before I bought one.

If you still haven't worked out whether you want one or not maybe look at the cost of tyres, which you'll need no doubt within a year, maybe 18 months....

Hope that helps you. 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE in Artic Frost. 20" 2010 HST Alloys, sidesteps, Hawke tips, plus minor bits and bobs along with a remap. Four spike spiders ready for the Alps again now tucked up in their garage boxes...

Post #334683 Thu Mar 01 2012 5:09pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1