RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > performance exhaust,s and warranty issues
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

ENVOY

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Arctic Frost
performance exhaust,s and warranty issues

I know this sort of question has been asked and discussed before about modifications, mainly about remapping.

How is the warranty affected by fitting performance exhausts, chances are not all that much, but given that mine is also remapped and the dealer knows this, if i were to have an engine related problem are L/R likley to tell me to Censored off

Has any one had any issues with L/R refusing to address warranty issues because of added performance kit????

I really would like performance exhausts but not at the cost of having no warranty some of my Previous cars
--------------------------------
P38 Range Rover Autobiography
RRS 2.7 HSE Silver
RRS TDV8 HSE silver
FFRR Vogue black
Disco3 HSE silver
RRS 2.7 HSE silver
RRS 3.0 HSE BALTI BLUE
AC Cobra
Landrover Defender 90
Landrover Defender 110
Suzuki Jimney

Post #119725 Fri Jun 22 2007 8:18am
Cliff H

United Kingdom 

I am sure that there has been one member who has dealer agro with a exhaust mod, that said there are many who have had not.
As far as refusing a claim due to the tune or a mod, it will always be a risk which I am sure can depend on how helpfull your service manager wants to be.

Post #119727 Fri Jun 22 2007 8:22am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I think also it would depend on whether you arranged it through the dealer or didn't involve then at all. If the dealer were involved then they have an interest in protecting themselves in the event of a problem and also it is basically up to them whether or not a defect is treated as a warranty item in the first place. If the dealer arranged the re-map/ exhaust mod then you have some form of lever against them in the event of a LR warranty claim, especially if their employees fitted the remap/exhaust, but most will tell you that you have to do these things at your own risk and they will advise that you will be infringing your warranty. I also think these things depend on the circumstances - if your engine goes pop due to say a piston failure and they find you have a non standard exhaust from the cats back then they cannot really claim that the exhaust was a contributing factor, but it might lead them to investigate if you have made other modifications to the car as well.....................
I have noticed that the local LR dealer has now started modifying some of their own fleet of cars with various tuning upgrades, but they are doing it on cars that are out of warranty and not demo cars or loaners that might be sold on fairly young. The DP has a remapped FFRR TD6 and his son has a remapped D2 and a D3 that his wife drives so they can offer customers a demo in an upgraded car too if necessary. Dealers are well aware that there is quite a large market for remaps/retunes 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #119734 Fri Jun 22 2007 9:23am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Josh

United Kingdom 

Envoy,

If you are thinking Larini exhausts. Then in your case it's not a performance enhancer for a diesel and as long as you don't interfere with the Cats, which they don't, then I doubt whether there would be any issues. Its only a performance enhancer for the petrols.

Certainly my LR garage never thought the Larini would have any impact on warranty and thought it was fantastic.
But as soon as they sussed that it had been tuned they brought that to my attention that there might be warranty issues.

Yes there was someone on here who had a difficult dealer with regards the exhaust. But if you've tuned it and they know it then a bit of SS isn't going to make any difference. TDV6 - gone
TDV8 - gone
Audi Q5 3.0 Tdi Sline wef 6/11/10

Post #119745 Fri Jun 22 2007 10:05am
MDP

United Kingdom 

No problem with my Larini/JE engineering exhaust - in fact they can do all your servicing and warranty work - they are LR approved. So as they fit the stuff............. Confused 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #120960 Wed Jun 27 2007 10:48am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1