RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Park Distance Control
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Frisco_TX_RRS

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Java Black
Park Distance Control

Are the sensors supposed to activate\ come on automatically below a certain speed. When I start off in the morning leaving my garage they are on, however, when I get to my destination \ garage they don 't come on unless I press the Park Distance Control button.

Any help would be appreciated

Post #103714 Thu Apr 19 2007 10:42pm
Brian Mason

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Sumatra Black

They should stay on from start to finish, unless you hit the button. Check and see if the orange light is on? MY12 SDV6 HSE Sumatra/Ebony/Piano/Sidesteps/Privacy/Overfinch Olympus/JLR DRLs

Post #103716 Thu Apr 19 2007 10:44pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
EMIRATES_GUY

United Arab Emirates 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Chawton White

yeah the same with me ?!!!

dont know how to keep it on ?

Post #103718 Thu Apr 19 2007 10:50pm
Brian Mason

Strange? Mine remains "on" all the time unless I cancel by pushing dashboard button. The sensors activate at low speed when reversing or edging forward? No point having to turn it on each you perform tight manoevres.., what a pain! See your stealer! Good Luck fellas. Thumbs Up MY12 SDV6 HSE Sumatra/Ebony/Piano/Sidesteps/Privacy/Overfinch Olympus/JLR DRLs

Post #103720 Thu Apr 19 2007 10:54pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Ian.Richardson

2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

I thought they turned off over a ceratin speed and only turn on again automatically when you are in reverse gear.

Post #103722 Thu Apr 19 2007 11:04pm
Frisco_TX_RRS

My light goes off and does not come on once I'm on the road.

It does not come on till I activate it - which i turn on so i don't hit my workbench in the garage. However - today i stopped and in reverse it came on - so I'm thinking I have to come to a stop and reverse for it to come on else it is off permanently- kinda sucks. My MB comes on at low speeds - will have the dealer check it along with the tail gate issue next week.

Lots of questions for you folks - new with this vehicle. Appreciate the feedback.

Post #103733 Thu Apr 19 2007 11:53pm
umbertob

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Chawton White

The front sensors used to come on all the time at speeds below 10 mph, but there was such a chorus of discontent from early owners tired of those annoying false alarm beeps (a pedestrian at an intersection, a nearby truck, a friggin' fly would often be sufficient to trigger them) that Land Rover basically "crippled" - but of course they say they enhanced... Very Happy - the front sensors by modifying the PDC module after a certain VIN#. Details below. As you can see, you can still turn the front sensors on manually using the button on the center console without engaging reverse first. If you have an "old style" module, you can get it upgraded under warranty. The rear sensors should always be active at speeds below 10 mph, though.

TSB # LS413-002:

Quote:

Front Parking Aid False Warnings
AFFECTED VEHICLE RANGE:
Range Rover Sport (LS) VIN: 6A900129 to 6A960177
CONDITION SUMMARY:
FRONT PARKING AID SOUNDS UNNECESSARILY
Situation: A customer may report a concern that the front parking aid is sounding-off unnecessarily.
NOTE: A new parking aid system control module has been developed to provide an enhanced front parking aid operation strategy for the customer.
The original park aid system strategy activates the front parking sensors when a forward gear is selected following reverse. Sensor operation is deactivated when the vehicle speed exceeds 10 mph (16 kph). Sensor operation will reactivate when the vehicle speed drops below 10 mph (16 kph). This sensor activation below 10 mph can result in audible warnings as the vehicle is coming to a stop and another vehicle or pedestrian passes in front of the vehicle. A customer may report this audible warning as unnecessary or 'false'.
This sensor activation is not a fault with the parking aid system.
NOTE: Following a repair, which includes replacement of the parking aid control module, the customer must be informed of this new front parking aid system operation as follows:
The parking aid operation strategy has now been enhanced to only permit the front sensors to reactivate when the following conditions are met:
• Vehicle speed drops below 10 mph (16 kph) and the front parking aid switch is manually selected. (The front parking aid switch is located on the center instrument panel.)
• A forward gear is selected following reverse gear selection during parking.
Action: If a customer expresses this false warning concern, refer to the Repair Procedure detailed in this bulletin to replace the parking aid control module with the latest configuration. Ensure that the customer is instructed on the use of the enhanced front parking aid system.
PARTS:
NOTE: The enhanced control module software strategy is programmed into the new control module (YWC500550) and installed into vehicles after the closing VIN 6A960177.
YWC500550.............Parking aid control module Qty 1

Post #103735 Fri Apr 20 2007 12:24am
Brian Mason

umbertob wrote:
The front sensors used to come on all the time at speeds below 10 mph, but there was such a chorus of discontent from early owners tired of those annoying false alarm beeps (a pedestrian at an intersection, a nearby truck, a friggin' fly would often be sufficient to trigger them) that Land Rover basically "crippled" - but of course they say they enhanced... Very Happy - the front sensors by modifying the PDC module after a certain VIN#. Details below. As you can see, you can still turn the front sensors on manually using the button on the center console without engaging reverse first. If you have an "old style" module, you can get it upgraded under warranty. The rear sensors should always be active at speeds below 10 mph, though.

As Umbertob says, the system should remain "live" at all times and the rear sensors activate when reversing without the need to switch back on. Something doesnt seem right, check with your Dealer! Exclamation MY12 SDV6 HSE Sumatra/Ebony/Piano/Sidesteps/Privacy/Overfinch Olympus/JLR DRLs

Post #103741 Fri Apr 20 2007 1:24am
Frisco_TX_RRS

Thanks again guys for the clarification Bow down

Post #103743 Fri Apr 20 2007 2:54am
Brian Mason

Good luck Frisco! Thumbs Up MY12 SDV6 HSE Sumatra/Ebony/Piano/Sidesteps/Privacy/Overfinch Olympus/JLR DRLs

Post #103745 Fri Apr 20 2007 3:03am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

They are a real pain when you take the car offroad and you have to turn them off if you are getting anywhere near any rocky bits or have to climb highish bumps. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #103754 Fri Apr 20 2007 9:05am
EMIRATES_GUY

United Arab Emirates 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Chawton White

thanks guys

i will check my dealer

Post #104027 Fri Apr 20 2007 11:29pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1