Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Suspension Fault, Lean when Cornering
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Fish

Scotland 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black
Suspension Fault, Lean when Cornering

Hi all,
I am looking for some assistance with my newly purchased 2007 RRS HSE (70,000 Miles). When it was delivered from Exeter to Glasgow it developed a suspension fault as in the first picture, 'HDC Fault System not Available'. This would clear on turning the ignition off.
I took it to my local dealership and had a health check done, along with the usual 'your brakes need doing' they said it needed a 4 wheel re-alignment and calibration, which it has just had done at the supplying garages expense. Now 6 days after getting this done it has come up with 'vehicle Lean when Cornering' fault. The wife was driving it at the time and she turned off the ignition to try to reset the fault and it was dead for about 30 seconds before it eventually started and everything was clear.
Could this be an easy fix given the history so far, or could it turn out to be a money pit.
I really like the Range Rover, it is my first one and I did come into ownership knowing that petrol station and garage visits would be frequent, but this frequent?
The supplying garage covered the cost of the re-alignment and also 2 rear suspension arms which were seized and I sprung for 2 new front tyres as they had uneven wear and would have resulted in a poor calibration.
I have yet to look at the small print of my 3 month RAC warranty to see if this would be covered.
Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Post #415737 Thu Feb 27 2014 11:57am
Disco_Mikey

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Santorini Black

Where are you in Glasgow? I will be heading from Dundee, to Ardrossan tomorrow. Could stop by, and plug it in for you tomorrow afternoon, if you are around Thumbs Up

Post #415770 Thu Feb 27 2014 2:29pm
Fish

Hi, thanks for getting in touch. Thumbs Up
Unfortunately I am away at work and won't be back in Glasgow until the 12th of March.
I will see if the fault re-occurs between now and then and drop it on the RAC warranty if it does. Its just a shame I'm away as it would be good to talk to somebody that knows the cars and not a service desk sales woman Crying or Very sad
I just thought that I might get a few suggestions as to what may be wrong.
Do you travel around the central belt a lot, if possible we could meet up after I get home.
I stay near Bellahouston on the South side. Thumbs Up

Post #415775 Thu Feb 27 2014 3:01pm
Disco_Mikey

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Santorini Black

I will passing Glasgow on Friday, Gearbox flush next Monday and possibly the following Wednesday, and in Paisley on the 11th Banging Head

I'm down there a fair bit Laughing

Post #415799 Thu Feb 27 2014 5:26pm
Fish

That's good to know that you are out and about a lot. I can see me getting in touch soon, over and above the suspension fault, I'm sure it could do with the lub oil pump and timing belt done some time in the not too distant future because of its age. Rolling Eyes

Post #415810 Thu Feb 27 2014 5:56pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1