RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Rain killed the Range!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

mr_spaceuk

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black
Rain killed the Range!

I thought about the pros and cons of maintenance of a Sport before I bought one, but I never thought a passing cloud would kill it.

Was on my way to pick some people, and started to rain, about 10 seconds later the info screen said engine fault and went into limp mode and took me from a 60mph to just over 10mph on a carriage way. Fun!

Green Flag sorted a trip to my local garage but I will keep you posted.

(I KNOW - its probably a coincidence about the rain but made for a good subject title)

Thumbs Up

Post #465246 Sat Jun 20 2015 10:18pm
garrycol

Australia 

Coincidence. Did you try switching off and back on after a short wait in an attempt to clear the fault before going to the garage? The majority of engine faults can be cleared and are not an issue. 07MY RRS TDV6
Arctic Frost
Aspen Interior

Post #465251 Sun Jun 21 2015 4:10am
zaphod

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Rimini Red

I utter those same words almost every working day of my life when somebody phones up with a computer problem! Nice to know the IT Pro's solution to everything works on the Sport too! Laughing

Post #465380 Mon Jun 22 2015 3:50pm
garrycol

Australia 

Yep - works on my mobile phone, the laptop, the TV (have to do it more than the car) and of course the car. Laughing 07MY RRS TDV6
Arctic Frost
Aspen Interior

Post #465381 Mon Jun 22 2015 3:54pm
mr_spaceuk

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Cars been looked at, I just told the garage to look at everything and get back to me.
It had 6 A4 pages of fault codes registered (but most of them are old ones that haven't been cleared).

1) Heated front seats that have never worked - Fault = temp sensors failed thinking that its -40c in the cab.
2) EGR valves have failed (such a common failure that RR shouldn't bother with them anymore).
3) Rear discs are sooooo worn that they don't even help with breaking anymore. (Passed the MOT 2 months ago) so getting all pads, discs, sensors and sliders replaced all round.
4)Tracking so far out that both front tyres have now given out and are being replaced (see my kwik fit post!).
5)Alternator belt and tensioner knackered.

On the good side my warranty is paying for everything except, brake parts and tyres.

Post #465391 Mon Jun 22 2015 5:30pm
garrycol

Australia 

Nothing on that list should stop the engine - the egrs might make it run a bit sick but you should also have the EML on. Just about any vehicle will show up heaps of faults when the codes are read but most are of no concern. In my limited experience I have found it is best to have them cleared first and then go for a drive - those that have come back are the ones to go and gave a look at. Though you may still get some a but later after more use. Remembering if they are really serious the EML will illuminate. 07MY RRS TDV6
Arctic Frost
Aspen Interior

Post #465431 Tue Jun 23 2015 2:25am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1